Amie Dirienzo Support Coordinator – Sydney, NSW
Amie loves helping people ensure they can live their life to its full potential. Amie believes everyone deserves to live a life that brings them great joy and happiness, with the right to have choice and control. This has led Amie to a career in the Disability and Community Services sector, a role that allows her to help people every single day!
Amie has gained extensive experience within the Disability industry over the past 5 years, working with high complex behavioural and medical support needs, in multiple group homes, day programs, and high needs medical facilities. Her diverse industry experience has enhanced her skillset in her current role as a Support Coordinator with Independence Australia.
Amie has experience working with participants with a variety of needs including:
- Young People in Residential Aged Care (YPIRAC)
- All age groups (including children)
- Physical Disabilities
- Intellectual Disabilities
- Psychosocial, mental health, drug, and alcohol
- Group home residents
- Neurological and progressive conditions – MND, MS
- Hospital to home transitions
- School leavers, finding employment
- Life transitions – e.g. moving out of family home for first time
- Home modifications, Specialised Disability Accommodation (SDA), assistive technology, Supported Independent Living (SIL) and Independent Living Options (ILO)
Amie does her best to ensure her customer’s achieve successful outcomes and results throughout their NDIS plan.
Outside of work, Amie enjoys spending time with her loved ones and puppy, eating good food, and is grateful for the little things in life. Amie lives and breathes health and self-development and likes to learn new things every day. Overall, Amie is a genuine, kind, and caring soul, who is passionate about the work she does.